- project programming seeks to define all of the clients hopes, dreams, and desires for the project. all information given in the programming stage helps to guide the design process.
- a schematic design is then created that reflects all levels of the programming information collected. schematic design plans presented to the client includes site plan, floor plans at each level, elevations, and roof plan.
- the design development period begins once the client reviews the schematic design. the design is then refined and further developed to describe all aspects of the project before the final step of completing construction documents begins.
- once the design has been finalized and approved, the architect assembles the construction drawings and specifications that will communicate to both the client and their contractor all architectural information needed to build the project. this package can then be passed on to an engineer for the required structural design.
designworks provides basic residential design services
additional services offered include:
- remodeling/renovation design
- material/product selection services
- construction administration
jill is a registered architect in the state of texas. she earned her bachelor of architecture from the university of houston in 1983. she has practiced architecture in the galveston bay area from 1983 - 2015 and is now practicing out of the port o'connor area.